Monday, April 13, 2009

Pink slipped!!!!!


I had heard that recession has gripped every part of the world and I too saw that placement season at the campus was quite disappointing for most of us. I had been reading in newspapers about people loosing job and the domino effect, and the keynes theory and blah blah everything indicating that if you don't have a job at this point you are totally screwed. I always thanked god that at least I have one in my hand. I had been wondering that I knew just a couple of people who had been fired from their jobs in recent time, and that wasn't indifferent as many time you hear about one or two isolated case of employee being fired. So I started thinking that maybe the situation is not that bad and it is the media which has created such a hype around it that the recession magnifies by few scales in our perception. Than came the day 31st march, I was informed that my joining to the company had been deferred till December. I knew what it meant. Deferring has become an effective replacement of pink slip for fresh recruits. Suddenly I realized what recession was and people are definitely loosing job, at least I have lost mine for the time being. Although company says that by Jan they would definitely absorb us, but at the time of recruitment the same people said that it would be July when they would be absorbing us. A mis-calculation of theirs about man power requirement screwed the career of around of 40 odd people that the company recruited from various IITs. Although I am by nature a hardcore pessimist but most of the time I do find something good about even the worst situation but here my mind is not able to think of even a single good thing. Steve Jobs always talks of connecting the dots of past to visualise the reasons for present success. But in my case I can clearly connect the dots to visualise the reasons for my present state of helpless disarrayed condition. I can just hope that anything is positive is in stored and the coming dots would lead to the one that improves my condition.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

In crisis lies the opportunity but it requires a great deal of patience to see it. In the long run, you will surely connect the dots and make your path..

Rohit Mittal said...

A great deal of success is dependent on external factors outside of our control. I guess it was the failure at first attempt that got you into one of the premier institutes in the world. I hope this failure also brings about similar result in the longer term.

INFERNO said...

well getting into a institute was a good thing or not is highly subjective at this stage, as now the sole purpose of getting through appears to be defeated.
I too just hope that something better is hidden inside all of this, but I hoping for this is being too hopeful

иเ¢кђเℓ.... said...

LIFE is always an ADVENTURE TRIP with everything being UNKNOWN & completely under wraps.
some knows this fact ..others too will know abt it some day or the other.

we live in the imaginative facsimile created by our copy paste mind.

so let the wrapper loosen the way it desires n lets just keep on scrolling with them.

We have to end up somewhere where we will succeed.

but
do keep on mapping these awesome roads{somewhere in ur records} through which u r passing to reach that mind blowing highway of SUCCESSFUL, so that you could know what exactly was in the store n how you reached there reagardless of what your imaginative mind thought.